Young professionals are catching on to the Springfield Dominican Associate Program. Learn why from two professional women who made their commitment as Springfield Dominican Associates in 2019.
About the host: Veronica Brown served as a valuable member of the Dominican Sisters’ communications team for nearly two years. In August she took a new step in her career after hosting this episode of F.L.O.W.cast. We miss her already and wish her well in her new role!
About Jen: Jen was born in Chicago and raised in the suburbs. A 2000 graduate of Providence Catholic High School; she attended Loyola university and DePaul University and obtained a degree in mathematics and secondary education. She has taught in Iowa, Indiana, and Illinois. In Springfield, she has served on the board of the Elizabeth Ann Seton Program, was the president of Saint Agnes Parents’ Club, and is now a member of various committees at Saint Agnes parish, and is a current St. Agnes school board member.
About Kara: Born in Jacksonville, Kara gives priority to her family and her ministry at Sacred Heart-Griffin High School, where she began teaching in 2008. In 2017 she was appointed the first lay principal of SHG.
- Baptized persons of any Christian tradition are welcome to consider the Dominican Associate Program
- The Springfield Dominican Associate Program is a spiritual support for its members and their families.
- Having people in your life who support your values is important.
- Are you on a faith journey? Start asking the questions! Talk with someone you trust.
What would you rather?
Veronica asked our guests whether they would rather:
- have someone randomize their clothing choices every day, or
- have to have to readjust their car seat every day.
Listen to their answers…What would you rather?
Our Guests’ Current obsessions
Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln’s Killer, James L. Swanson
Cutting for Stone, Abraham Verghese
Scythe, Neal Shusterman
Carry On by Fun
Shine by Collective Soul
Fix You by Coldplay